SALESPERSON
Maybe when some of you hear about salesperson, the negative thinking came out of your mind. “I hate salespeople”, “Salespeople are greedy”, “Salespeople just want your money”, “Salespeople are all liars”, I bet those phrases you’ve been heard so many time, or maybe some of you think like that.I’ve reading a book “How to be a sales superstar” authored by Mark Tewart. There are sentences like this on the book “The world as you know it exists because of sales. If someone, somewhere, somehow is not selling every single day, you wouldn’t have food to eat, a car to drive, or a house to live in. We can live a day without the skills of a lawyer, or even a doctor but you can’t live even one single day without the skills of a salesperson.” After I read that sentences, and I think it’s true. So we shouldn’t think bad about salesperson or disrespect that position. And if you are a salesperson, you should be proud of your profession and don’t feel ashamed about it.
Everyday of our life was surrounded by selling activity, but we’re not aware of it. There is static image in our mind that said a salesperson just a person who sell product to other person to get more money or profit. That’s totally wrong! I’m not a salesperson, but I do selling activity everyday. For example, in the office I sell my skill of programming to get salary, I sell my time to write this blog, etc. You see? Those are few example of selling activity that I’ve doing everyday and so many more. So indirectly we also a salesperson but we sales something different than salesperson in general.
My profession is not a salesperson, but I like to sell, I like to attend the seminar or conference related to marketing or sales, I like to negotiate, and I also believe sale is the most important part in our life. Even Robert Kiyosaki in his book Rich Dad Poor Dad, his so-called rich dad realize that sales would be the most important tool that Mr. Kiyosaki would be using as entrepreneur. Don’t be afraid to sell, don’t hate salesperson, cause sale is one of your key to success. You can be very rich through sales, you can be very famous through sales, you can be very full of life experience through sales, so for all of you salesperson Be Proud to be Sales Person, not all people can be like you.
Hope this short article can give all of you different view of salesperson
You are viewing "Become a Salesperson" page

No comments:
Post a Comment